The perfect topping to any pie, fruit, or hot drink – homemade whipped cream!
I am all about balance in the things we eat. And for me, that means occasionally having desserts or sweet treats. I have learned that just because I have committed to eating clean doesn’t mean I need to skip on enjoying a treat using real ingredients from time to time.
To be honest, this simple whipped cream is full of nourishing cream from a clean source, so I don’t feel bad about making this up more than just occasionally. Read THIS on why you shouldn’t be afraid of full-fat real dairy like the cream. Our body – the brain and endocrine system/hormones especially, are dependent on healthy fats in our diet to operate well.
Add a little scoop to your coffee or hot cocoa, to a bowl of fruit, or that holiday pie this season! I even spread a sheet pan with the whipped cream, freeze it, and cut fun shapes out for a special holiday hot cocoa Christmas Eve.
- For dairy free you can also use the cream from the top of your coconut milk works just as good! Just make sure it’s chilled well before you whip.
- Chill the bowl and mixer attachment for a few minutes in the freezer first – it whips up even faster.
- If you are sugar-free you may use your favorite alternative sweetener. One of my favorites to use is Pyure (you can find it on Amazon).
Homemade whipped cream
- 1 cup cream
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla, almond, peppermint, or orange extract
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ - 1 tsp cocoa
- Using a handheld mixer (or stand mixer) with a whisk attachment on high speed to beat all ingredients until fluffy. Will take a good couple minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers – you may have to re-whip up the cream after it’s been sitting in the fridge – it will fluff right back up though!