Simple green salad with dill
When it comes to summer meals, light and refreshing usually come to mind, especially when it’s too hot out to cook. But the bounty of summer produce does more than excite our palates! Fresh greens satisfy the need to crunch, yet offer our bodies a much-needed rest from the heavy meals of winter and help cleanse our bodies. Fresh herbs bring flavor to dishes that cause your taste buds to dance and you can once again enjoy your food and the new flavors summer brings. Make this simple green salad to brighten up your plate!
This recipe comes from a friend of mine – she made it for lunch when I stopped by a few years ago and I loved it so much I bought the ingredients the very next day. It’s since become a summer staple in my menu plan.
This is the perfect side dish when grilling burgers on the grill or paired with some baked chicken, it even pairs well with a creamy salmon with dill. It’s also great to throw together for a quick lunch, just have a couple of hard-boiled eggs on the side for some protein.
Simple Green Salad with Dill
- 1 bunch romaine lettuce chopped
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 1 cucumber medium
- 3 Tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1/8 tsp seasoning salt to taste
- Wash and chop all vegetables and dill, and place in a large bowl.
- Pour the remaining ingredients over the veggies, and toss to coat.
- Serves 2 large salads or 4 side salads.