Eating healthy doesn’t have to be bland! And this walnut crusted salmon is simple to prepare and fits into any healthy nutritional plan.
Recent studies (and traditional food values) often show that it’s not fat content that causes us to get fat. In fact, it could actually be that good fat, like found in cold water fish like salmon, may help to prevent inflammation in the body and benefit our health in multiple ways.
DHA, a type of Omega 3 fat which is found in fish, has also been found to improve sperm quality. This particular fat is needed for sperm to develop properly, which is crucial for fertilization and conception.
Fatty fish, such as salmon, sardines, and mackerel, are an excellent source of DHA.
Perfect side dish
The avocado salad side for this dish is also rich in healthy fats to help you balance your hormones and feel great. Avocados are also high in fiber, contain more than twice the amount of potassium as a banana, and are also a great course of folate, plant-based Vitamin K, and Vitamin C.
Walnut crusted salmon with avocado salad
- 8 ounces wild-caught salmon
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs gluten-free if needed
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 3 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado diced
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- 1 Tbsp olive or walnut oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil sliced
- sea salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse salmon filets and place into a glass baking dish.
- Pour breadcrumbs, walnuts, salt, and pepper into a food processor and combine until walnuts are finely chopped.
- Mix dill into walnut mixture and set aside.
- Drizzle salmon with lemon juice.
- Spoon walnut mixture onto each filet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- While salmon is cooking, dice avocado and tomatoes and place into a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, and a dash of salt and pour over avocado mixture, stir to combine.
- Top salad with sliced basil and serve alongside salmon.
If you don’t have a source for gluten-free breadcrumbs locally, you can also find them on Amazon.