This creamy multi purpose dressing not only tastes great, it has a lot of health benefits to it as well. Full of healthy fats, it’s also pro biotic and loaded with raw goodness.
And since I have a bit of a crush on avocados right now, we make this quite a bit.
Plus avocados are full of fertility and hormone friendly nutrients, so you can rest in the fact that it’s good for you!
I like to use it for dipping veggies, especially cucumbers, for sandwich spreads, tacos, and salads. And when you find a perfectly rip avocado, the fabulous color invites everyone to dig in.
- 1 ripe avocado it’ll be slightly soft
- 1/3 cup whole milk plain yogurt kefir could be used for a thinner consistency or greek yogurt if you have it on hand
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 small clove of garlic – minced
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar or fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- couple shakes of ground black pepper
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Best if served immediately, but can be refrigerated for a couple days. (Add lemon juice and/or place in a sealed ziploc with the air pressed out to slow the browning of the avocado.)
- If you use greek yogurt you may need to add a bit of oil to thin it enough for it to blend, or simply mash and mix by hand.
- Use it for dipping vegetables in, on salads, or as a sandwich spread.
Michele @ Frugal Granola
Yum! 🙂 This is how we make “guacamole” at our house. Great recipe!
Hmmm. . . I am going to try this with some homemade creme fraiche I’ve just made! Thanks!
This looks great. We love avocados. Next time they are on sale, we’ll be trying a new salad dressing. 🙂
Stopping by for ICLW — so glad I found your blog! I’ve been looking for something like this to teach me how to make easy, healthy recipes for my husband and I 🙂 Thanks! Keep ’em coming!
Thank you for this! I’m just getting into avocado. I’ve avoided it all my life because it was green! =)=)
So yummy! Just made it for lunch. We love avocados…always nice to have a new recipe! And I used greek yogurt. mmmm.
Angela DiGiovanni | Living Out Loud
What a great way to use up avocados that would otherwise soon be going bad!
Thanks so much!