No beverage says Thanksgiving (or Christmas) more than eggnog. It’s commonly known as an unhealthy treat, but when you make it with wholesome ingredients, this healthy eggnog can be a part of any fertility diet and you don’t need to feel guilty about it!
The regular stuff you find in the stores is overly sweet and often contains ingredients I’m not a fan of ingesting. Determined to make my own from scratch, I came up with this healthy eggnog recipe that is a new staple at our house, any time of year! It is not quite as thick as commercial eggnog, and certainly not as syrupy sweet. With the pastured egg yolks, raw milk and cream, this is a glass of liquid nutrition that will be a big hit with your guests this holiday season.
- In a double boiler, whisk first six ingredients together until mixture is well combined and slightly thickened.
- Place bowl in refrigerator for 3-4 hours to cool.
- In a mixer, beat cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold into egg mixture.
- Pour in glasses, garnish with fresh whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.