Iced Mango Green Tea
This summer has been the summer of drinks! And by drinks I mean the fruity refreshing ones I can share with the kiddos on a hot summer day. A few weeks ago we experimented with freshly picked peaches and came up with a probiotic peaches and cream soda. Let’s just say it was probably the best idea that this dreadful Texas heat inspired so far! Well, until I came up with this recipe for iced mango green tea.
How to make mango green tea:
1. Bring about 4-5 cups of water to a boil.
2. Pour boiling water into a heat-safe container and let tea bags sit for about 3-5 minutes.
You can actually choose to do this in your teapot/ pan if you prefer, but I don’t like mine to get stained with sugar and other things, so I just boil water and do all my mixing in the pitcher.
3. While the tea bags are sitting in the hot water, set aside and begin slicing up your mango into small chunks.
4. Pour mango chunks into a food processor or something similar to make into a thick liquid. I use the bullet, which works perfectly! Process the chunks until the pieces are completely blended.
5. Pour mango juice into a saucepan, add in the tea (strained) and sweetener. Simmer for 2-3 minutes to dissolve the mango juice into the tea.
Pour mango tea mix back into the pitcher and fill the rest of the pitcher with water until full. Stir well, and enjoy over a glass of ice!
*You can also add freshly squeezed oranges or cranberries into the mix if you want a little tangy punch!
Mango Iced Tea
- 1 Mango
- 4 bags Green tea
- stevia or favored sweetener to taste
- Bring about 4 cups of water to a boil.
- Pour boiling water into a heat safe container over tea bags and let sit while you prepare the mangoes.
- Slice your mango in small chunks and process until smooth in a blender or food processor.
- Pour mango juice and strained tea into a medium-sized saucepan. Add sweetener of choice and gently simmer for two minutes.
- Stir well, and enjoy over a glass of ice!
For more amazing drink recipes, follow our whole foods board on Pinterest!