It’s no secret around here that I like to use natural products, especially when it comes to beauty products!
Many times I simply make my own or make do.
But…as I age I’m finding that sometimes my homemade stuff is lacking. My skin sometimes needs more nourishment than what I can provide it with my basic skills. And as we delve into the world of handmade skin and hair products via beard oil and another line we’ll be launching in the next couple of months, I’ve come to realize how much research and work goes into producing a great quality product.
I have so much more respect for companies that go above and beyond to produce safe and toxin-free products for my skin and hair.
But I also like to protect my pocket-book and sometimes have a hard time paying the extra money that these products cost only to throw them out if they don’t work. (I once threw away a $30 natural shampoo and conditioner set because it did horrible things to my hair!) Yet, I’ll definitely pay extra from a company that has worked for me in the past.
After trying out the moisturizer I was sent from Aubrey Organics I have no qualms buying anything from them.
I also really like the company:
- they’ve been making all-natural beauty products since 1967
- their vision is “To be the earth’s most respected leader in personal care products for health and environmentally conscious consumers.”
- part of their mission is to lead by example
- they have a complete body care line, so you can get exactly what you need based on your skin type
- they have an INCI dictionary on their website so that you can see exactly what the ingredients are and they also list all of the common names.
Aubrey sent me the Age-Defying Therapy Moisturizer.
Sigh…guess there’s no time like 33 to start using a product to decrease the formation of more thin lines on my face!
- Sea buckthorn and vitamin C to protect skin from oxidative aging
- Carnosine, milk thistle, and a vitamin E blend to reduce the depth of wrinkles
- Laminaria Ochroleuca to protect against environmental aggressors and to improve firmness
- It contains a natural preservation system. And before you think that preservatives are only bad, let’s think about what might happen if bacteria gets involved. Any product made with water or water-based ingredients NEED a preservative in order to keep consumers safe. Nobody wants MRSA or a flesh-eating bacteria on their face. Not to mention that mold can also take over.
- The packaging is pretty, which totally makes me feel better about leaving it out on the counter in the bathroom.
- This product is gluten-free, which isn’t a big deal for me, but is definitely a big deal to a lot of other women!
- The moisturizer itself is very light with a great slip to it, almost silky feeling. It goes on easily and absorbs very quickly! I can put my foundation on right after I use it without any problems.
- If I had to pick any con for this particular moisturizer it was that the scent wasn’t my favorite. The scent fades rather quickly (which is a bonus for me – I don’t like to smell lotion all day) so it wouldn’t prevent me from buying it again when I run out, and I know all of the ingredients used are specifically meant for aging skin.
Overall I was quite happy with it and need to remember to use it twice a day as my skin feels fantastic when I do! If you’ve ever used products from Aubrey Organic, I’d love to hear your experience in the comments below.
Looks like a great company!
I love trying new products. Great review.
We all need safe cosmetics!
Looks like a great product line to try!
I purchased Aubrey Organics shampoo once for my husband but I haven’t really explored all their products yet. I am very “pro” chemically free products for my family and myself.
i love organic all natural products. Would definitely love to try something new
I have used Aubrey Organics products before. I think it was a shampoo. It’s been quite a few years since then, but I am currently switching back to organic products.
I’ve not tried these products, but would love a chance to win and try them!
I’ve never used any skin care products from Aubrey Organics before, but I would love to try this out. Thanks for the giveaway!
I used the Evening Primrose lotion. My midwife recommended it for my PUPPPS rash, and it worked beautifully. Not my favorite scent, but not at all offensive.
I love their scrub! I would love to try another one of their products! I would love to win this because I can use all the help that I can get as I turn 43 in less than two months!
Thank you so much for this blog! At 41 years old, I am looking for natural ways to stay younger looking. I hope to try these products soon.
I have not tried these products but I would love too!
I would love to try some Aubrey Organics products!
I like Aubrey and I they are sold on Vitacost, yay!
i’ve used Aubrey’s Rose Honeysuckle conditioner before and really liked it.