Strawberry Breakfast Cookie
One of my favorite things about summer is berry picking! We live in a pretty perfect area for berry harvests as far as growing conditions go, and I take advantage of it! Especially because I love my strawberry breakfast cookies!
Happy berry season to you!
- • 1 cup pureed strawberries, plus 1/3 cup chopped strawberries (will need a little over a pound of strawberries)
- • ½ cup coconut flour
- • ¼ cup tapioca flour
- • ¼ cup white rice flour (If you are grain free, use ¼ cup blanched almond flour or another ¼ cup tapioca flour)
- • 2 eggs, lightly beaten (If you are egg free use ½ cup applesauce or banana to bind, or egg replacer)
- • ½ cup crispy almonds, crushed (OR get blanched almonds to crush, OR use blanched almond flour. If you are nut free use crushed sunflower seeds)
- • 1 cup shredded coconut
- • 3 tsp vanilla extract
- • 2 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- Combine everything EXCEPT the chopped strawberries in a medium mixing bowl.
- Fold in the chopped strawberries.
- Make palm size balls (size of about a racquetball) and flatten into 1 inch discs on to a silpat lined baking sheet (or parchment paper lined). They don’t flatten out so make them about the size you want.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.