Grain-free salmon patties
Salmon patties offer a fun and tasty way to make sure you get your omega 3’s, and when you choose wild caught you’ll be consuming a variety of healthy fats and nutrients. My family absolutely love these, the kids gobble them right up and ask for more and Todd asks me to make them quite often. And even though we love fresh-baked fish as well, this is a great recipe to use for those family members who don’t quite like the texture of fish!
- 12 oz baked or canned salmon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup almond meal/flour (available on[url href=”http://amzn.to/1x6G9NG”] Amazon[/url])
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/3 tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (couple squeezes)
- coconut oil for cooking (I love using it for both flavor and because of the high smoke point)
- Lightly flake salmon in medium size bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients (excluding coconut oil)
- Heat coconut oil in large skillet (cast iron works great!) over medium-low heat.
- Once pan is preheated, use a 1/4 cup measuring cup and drop salmon mixture on to the pan, press down to form patty. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown.[br]
This recipe works great if you’re following a paleo/primal diet, Trim Healthy Mama (S meal), or The Fast Metaolism Diet (phase 3).