I’m sure you’ve all been waiting to hear what I learned and thought about the “Sacred Foods for Fertility” session, lead by Kaayla Daniel. Well, let me see if I can get some of my thoughts together for you! While she touched on some things we’ve already been discussing, there were a few new tidbits for me as well. And since I know there are so many of you waiting on the info, I’ll quickly get to the point and give you my notes with in-depth followup later on.
Her first point was that fertility is not only about reproduction, it’s about living our lives as empowered individuals. And I totally agree! Because really, even if we are not on a path to trying for a baby, it’s imperative that we nourish our bodies and know how they work. I can tell you from experience, the more I know about how my body works, and the more I nourish it back to health, the more I am at peace with what it is capable of. And eating a nourishing diet is not just for fertile women, it’s for everyone.
A couple other quotes I jotted down:
“Chronological age is not as important as overall health when fertility is concerned.”
“We shouldn’t be chasing fertility, we should be attracting fertility.” (Meaning that we should be preparing our bodies to be as fertile as they can be, not forcing it to do something it’s not ready for.)
The problems we have with our standard american diet:
- HFCS (high fructose corn syrup)
- GMOs (genetically modified organisms)
- Pesticide residues
- High soy diets/vegan diets/vegetarian diets – all were used in the past to quell sexual desire and cause infertility
- Toxic metals -aluminum (from cans, foil, vax), mercury(from vax, tooth fillings) cadmium, lead, nickel
- Toxic levels of minerals that our bodies require but we have to much of – copper, manganese
It was also stated that:
- women who are too thin or too fat regularly fail to ovulate.
- Prozac and other medications can not only kill the desire to procreate, but the ability to as well.
Phytoestrogens (from soy) can cause:
- Sexual dysfunction
- Masculization of females
- Feminism of males
- They harm the thyroid – effect everything
- Moms who eat a lot of soy give birth to boys who; have miss-formed p*nis’s, hypostasis , hermaphrodites, gyneco….something (man boobs)
Environmental estrogens were also brought up and I was pleased she gave actual examples of what would be a xenoestrogen.
Xenoestrogens – (environmental estrogens)
FD&C Red dye #3
BHA – bcp’s
- Women need to slow down!
- Change simple things like using a french press instead of a coffeemaker so that you aren’t ingesting dioxides.
- Electric lights could be causing our cycles to go awry. (also known as lunaception if you’d like to google it before I can cover it fully) We used to be in tune with the moon.
- In a recent study of 18,500 women it showed that those drinking whole milk were more likely to ovulate.
- Eat eggs of every species (chicken, duck, fish, ostrich, etc)
- Eat 2 eggs every day
- They are high in calcium, b6, b12, and zinc
- Cholesterol is essential for producing hormones!!!
And now we get into the odd foods!
- We are to eat the animal from head to tail
- Liver is important
- Other cultures eat the t*sticles and p*nis’s. (you can figure those out right? While they don’t make me blush to say them, I’d rather not have creepers finding my site) This also reminds me of the homeopathic idea that “Like cures Like”.
- Bone marrow is a wonderfully, healthy food!
Herbs that could help:
- horny goat weed
So as you can see, she packed a lot into a short session! The audio be available to buy online at some point as well – I’ll let you know when I see the link.