Gluten free strawberry muffins
I LOVE to bake. I do. I think it fun to throw together ingredients and watch them rise and fill the house with wonderful aromas. These summer muffins smell fantastic as they cook and taste even better!
Really, is there anything better than a nice warm muffin with a steaming cup of coffee in the morning? Sigh. Pure.bliss.
It doesn’t really matter what time of the year either. When you have some many produce options throughout the seasons, you can find something new and yummy to make in your kitchen.
Muffins happen to be a favorite of mine. They are not as picky as a cake and they are instant portion control. (Well, maybe some of you don’t have that problem….)
I also love that you can make a big batch and freeze them for a quick, easy breakfast to pull out on busy mornings. Add a nice green smoothie and you’ve got a filling breakfast.
While blueberry muffins are a staple around here, my family enjoys a nice strawberry muffin too. They are beautifully moist and just a touch different to make them a nice treat.
- 1 stick of melted butter
- 1¼ cup rice flour cups of gluten free flour mix
- ¾ cup of of tapioca starch
- ½ cup evaporated cane juice crystals
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup of chopped strawberries
- Melt butter and set aside
- Mix milk, egg and vanilla until combined.
- Mix dry ingredients
- Add the melted butter, wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir, do not over mix.
- Fold in berries carefully
- Line muffin pan with cupcake wrappers
- Spoon into muffin pan.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes, until the tops are a nice golden color.
This recipe is easy to change up. Another idea is to change out those berries for chocolate chips. (or maybe just reduce the strawberries just a skosh and sprinkle a few chocolate chips in there…that’s probably the healthier option!)
For another great summer strawberry breakfast, try my Strawberry Breakfast Cookies.