I LOVE to bake. I think it’s fun to throw together ingredients and watch them rise and fill the house with wonderful aromas. These summer muffins smell fantastic as they cook and taste even better!
Really, is there anything better than a nice warm muffin with a steaming cup of tea or coffee in the morning? Sigh. Pure bliss.
It doesn’t really matter what time of the year either. When you have so many produce options throughout the seasons, you can find something new and yummy to make in your kitchen.
Muffins happen to be a favorite of mine. They are not as picky as a cake and they are instant portion control. (Well, maybe some of you don’t have that problem….)
I also love that you can make a big batch and freeze them for a quick, easy breakfast to pull out on busy mornings. Add a nice green smoothie and you’ve got a filling breakfast.
While blueberry muffins are a staple around here, my family enjoys a nice strawberry muffin too. They are beautifully moist and just a touch different to make them a nice treat.
Gluten free strawberry muffins
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free flour mix
- 3/4 cup tapioca starch
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup strawberries chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line or grease muffin tin.
- Melt butter and set aside.
- Mix milk, egg, and vanilla until combined.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the melted butter and wet ingredients to the large bowl and combine, do not over mix.
- Fold in berries carefully.
- Spoon evenly into muffin pan.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes, until the tops are a nice golden color.
This recipe is easy to change up. Another idea is to change out those berries for chocolate chips. (or maybe just reduce the strawberries just a skosh and sprinkle a few chocolate chips in there…that’s probably the healthier option!)
For another great summer strawberry breakfast, try my Strawberry Breakfast Cookies.