There have been times that I tried a low carb diet, even keto at a time or two, but to honest? I’ve found that including carbs in my fertility diet has been helpful in regulating my cycle as well as my mood. I try not to go overboard, and I get a lot of my carbs from vegetables instead of pasta and bread, and potatoes (especially this crispy potato bake) have been a great addition to my meals in place of the white bread rolls we used to eat.
They do take a bit of time to make, especially if you don’t own a mandolin, but they are definitely worth it! Get them in the oven along with a roast chicken and steam some veggies for a healthy whole food meal!
Crispy Potato Bake
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 4 pounds russet potatoes peeled
- 3-4 small onions or shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and melt butter. Grease a mid-sized casserole pan with a tablespoon of the butter.
- Slice potatoes very thinly and arrange vertically in the dish.
- Also slice the onion and garlic into circles (not chopped) and slide between the layers of potato.
- Brush with remaining butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake 1 hour, covered. Uncover and bake an additional 20-30 minutes until potatoes are cooked through and crispy on top.
*This post is linked to Real Food Wednesday