Wonderfully refreshing on hot summer days, popsicles aren’t just for kids! These are easy to make ahead and help curb your sweet tooth as well as keep you cool. You can even change up the fruit for these creamy strawberry popsicles to use whatever is in season. As an added bonus, they are chock full of nutrition!
Whether you have an abundance of freshly picked berries needing to be eaten or leftovers from a sale at the store, this recipe is the perfect way to use them all up. Strawberries are so versatile you can put them into salads, yogurt, smoothies, ice cream, chocolate, cakes and eat them fresh, frozen or as a sauce.
- Strawberries are an awesome antioxidant supporting the body in working against cancer agents as well as supporting egg and sperm health.
- Coconut milk is anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory and makes for a healthy dairy-free alternative.
- Avocados are, in my opinion, the worlds most perfect fruit and an easy to get healthy fat and potassium, both important for supporting health fertility and are a great part of any fertility diet. In this recipe, avocados are what give the popsicle a creamy texture.
- Raw honey is rich, delicious and an unprocessed alternative to sugar in most recipes (not to be given to babies younger than 12 months of age.) Raw honey is also known for its immune boosting properties.
Dairy Free Strawberry Popsicle
- 7 ounces coconut milk canned
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/2 avocado small
- Hull the strawberries and cut/pit the avocado and drop into your blender of choice. I use a Blend Tec.
- Pour the coconut milk over the strawberries and avocado.
- Add the raw honey.
- Blend to desired consistency.
- Pour into popsicle molds. I use a silicone mold.