To give you some ideas of how you might be able to change your daily dinners, I’m going to show you a week of what our dinners used to be, and show you what I’m serving up this week (while we mostly eat out of our pantry) by making those same meals better or replacing them.
Used to be:
- Monday – Hamburger Helper (sometimes a veggie made it onto the plates as well) can of soda or glass of skim milk
- Tuesday – Spaghetti with store bought sauce, 1lb conventional beef, white flour pasta, skim milk
- Wednesday – Hamburgers on white buns, store bought fries, store bought ketchup, skim milk
- Thursday – Grilled chicken, broccoli, boxed au gratins, skim milk
- Friday – Order Pizza, pop
- Saturday – Eat out, pop
- Sunday – Taco meal kit, pop or skim milk
- Monday – Omelets made with free range chicken eggs, loaded with pepper, onion, and mushroom. Sourdough toast with organic butter, and sausage made with grassfed beef.
- Tuesday – Spaghetti made with 1/2 lb grassfed beef, homemade sauce and brown rice pasta. Salad on the side.
- Wednesday – Grassfed beef burgers on homemade buns, sweet potatoes, green beans
- Thursday – Grilled free range chicken, broccoli and homemade au gratins
- Friday – Salmon, baked potatoes, and green beans
- Saturday – Homemade pizza with homemade sauce
- Sunday – Tacos made with grassfed beef, homemade seasoning, and homemade tortilla shells served with a mexican rice (which is made w/ bone broth) and possibly guacamole
- (we drink water w/ each meal)
Now is my menu perfect? No.
I always have room to grow and make it better, but at least now we’re getting veggies at each meal and most of what we eat is made here at home. And we’ve essentially gotten rid of all of the preservatives, colorings, fake flavors, etc.
So what are the biggest ways your menu has changed over the years?
Want some ideas to get out of your junk food rut? Send them my way!
This post is linked to: Menu Plan Mondays