You pass a pregnant woman on her way out as you walk into a store. And you feel a tug at your heart.
The store happens to be having a ‘Everything Baby!’ sale. That tug gets stronger.
The little baby in the bread aisle takes a peek at you and coos. The tug is stronger still.
You see an old friend with her brand new baby. And your heart wants to burst to pieces.
How often has this scenario played out for you? For me it was time and time again. And it started well before we even started trying. You see, my maternal instinct hit when my husband was not quite ready to start a family. So I waited. For two years I waited for him, and then waited yet another year before we conceived.
Although I know now, and I knew then, that my life was in God’s hands and that he had his plans set out for me already, it was hard to see so many others in the midst of their own pregnancy and the excitement of a new baby. Bitterness and ungratefulness can start to set in so easily, and they are such ugly friends to associate with.
Making yourself be thankful for something that is currently happening in your life, is a great way to beat those blues.
Today I’m thankful for:
- A new to us vehicle we were able to buy yesterday. Better gas mileage and the transmission works!
- That gas prices are starting to come down again.
- The long, relaxing shower I got to take earlier. Nothing better than quiet and hot water.
- A caring husband who puts up with my emotional-ness and loves me anyway.
- Chocolate! I won some from Jodi’s site a couple of weeks ago and have been eating it ever so slowly.
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11